Let’s pretend for argument’s sake that I just crawled out from under a rock, having seen not a minute of the game. Let’s say that I didn’t get on the Twitters for more than a minute or two, and missed all accounts of the real-time reaction. I open up the box score, and a mystery is presented before my eyes:
How in the hell did the Rams manage to win every offensive category but the scoreboard?
I mean, I am looking at these numbers for the Rams and legitimately scratching my head:
- 22 first downs (to Green Bay’s 20)
- 424 total net yards (to Green Bay’s 399)
- 30:41 time of possession (to Green Bay’s 29:19)
- 9 of 11 drives reached Green Bay territory
- Several Rams big plays — 39-yard punt return, 45- and 32-yard pass plays — lead to no points
- The Rams had only one turnover
This isn’t a recap, because I still haven’t seen the game, having scrapped my plans for the weekend for an unexpected trip. Tomorrow’s Game Rewind will take care of that little detail. So consider this a mystery, as yet unsolved by me:
Just what in the hell are these Rams up to?