The Bloguin Mock Draft steamrolls on, with the Minnesota Vikings stopping the free-fall of DE Da’Quan Bowers, and the Detroit Lions finally deciding to keep their franchise QB upright by selecting OT Anthony Costanzo. Now the Rams are on the clock, and at noon CST today we at RamsHerd will make our pick.
Here’s a full roundup of the picks so far:
- Carolina Panthers: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
- Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
- Buffalo Bills: Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
- Cincinnati Bengals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
- Arizona Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
- Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
- San Francisco 49ers: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
- Tennessee Titans: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
- Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith, OT, Southern Cal
- Washington Redskins: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
- Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
- MInnesota VIkings: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
- Detroit Lions: Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
A roundup of recent mock drafts shows that this next choice is anything but a slam-dunk:
- Mel Kiper (v4.0) seems sold on Illinois DT Corey Liuget.
- Todd McShay likes Liuget too, though he has little credibility for me.
- Chad Reuter, senior draft scout at CBS Sports, chose Missouri DE Aldon Smith in a recent Twitter-mock with the NFP’s Wes Bunting.
- Matt Miller at New Era Scouting chose Penn State DE Ryan Kerrigan, with both Aldon and Liuget falling much farther down the board.