Offensive Coordinator / Shepherd of the Franchise’s Future Needed (Earth City)
Date: 2011-01-13, 2:10PM CST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A prominent professional football organization based in Earth City is seeking an individual for the position of Offensive Coordinator. This position will entail 100-hour work weeks and limited interview time, and your boss may be something of a “control freak.” This position will be entrusted with the offensive direction of this franchise, unless the head coach decides that you need to run the ball. You will be given the latest model Franchise QuarterbackTM to work with, and the operation and development of this Quarterback will be your primary — but not exclusive — responsibility. Indeed, this position has the capability to mold and shape this Quarterback, who enters his highly anticipated second year of operation. Additionally, we are looking to acquire other assets for you to develop, and the right candidate should be able to offer *some* input on this acquisition process.
This position just opened up recently, and this organization is looking to hire a medium-to-long-term candidate to fill this position. Preference will be given to those candidates who aren’t looking at this job as a “stepping-stone” to another position next year, though the high profile that working with this Quarterback affords will certainly attract “ambitious” and highly talented job seekers. We are hoping that preference will not be given to “safe” but mediocre choices. Leaving two or three years from now, after establishing a proven process and a bedrock of success? Maybe that’s not so bad.
The right candidate should possess the following skills and abilities:
* Experience with unproven receivers a plus.
* Experience with West Coast Offense a plus, but not necessarily required.
* Should have excellent communications skills (both via headset and in person) and the ability to work well with players and fellow coaches.
* Good computer skills with various software programs including, but not limited to, video analysis.
* Ability to assert yourself in managing and giving direction to position staff on a regular basis.
* Ability to be the team’s unofficial scapegoat for any loss.
Scheduled Sundays are required in summer and fall, and hopefully winter too.
This is a salaried position with good benefits, including paid holidays, sick/personal/vacation time, and a retirement plan.
Candidates may be subjected to a “Four Pillars” screening test.
Please forward your resume by email or to the following address:
St. Louis Rams
One Rams Way
St. Louis, MO 63045
- Location: Earth City
- Compensation: Salary, plus the potential to rehabilitate a tarnished reputation
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.